Tags

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Renounce Malaysia Citizenship (2017-2018) Final

Collection of Approved Form K from High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore



After several months of waiting, I finally received an email from High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore on 12 September 2018. This is like almost a year waiting from 6 October 2017. In the email, they informed you that your application for renunciation of Malaysia Citizenship has been approved.

The collection of the approved Form K will be at the Consular Section which opens between 2.30pm to 4pm from Monday to Friday.



This is how the email looks like.



You would need to bring the following documents to High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore:


  1. Print this email that High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore that you received
  2. Your Singapore IC - original and 2 photocopies , front and back 
  3. Your Passport -  original and 2 photocopies ( the biopage only)
  4. --> In any case that your passport expire before you turn 21st, you will need to take your oath before you can renew your passport to go overseas. So you will be submitting your new passport biopage. (I handle them my old and new passport biopage just in case they need)
  5. Your Acknowledge slip (MY RN1 form )  original and 2 photocopies 
^ please photocopy this (MY-RN1) without the pink slip on top.

5. Your Singapore Citizenship Certificate - original and 2 photocopies , front and back .


Procedure:
  1. Place all your required documents into a plastic folder, with the email from High Commission of Malaysia on top. I go to the left counter (I don't know why left..) and pass them your documents.
  2. They will ask you to wait till your name is called. When your named is called, you will get back your Yellow Borang K that you filled in on the first time you came here. And then they ask you to write your Singapore IC and sign on paper . Next will be sign beside your name and write the date just for them to know you collected your Borang K. 
  3. Then Done.. But before you go off, photocopy 1 set of your approved yellow Borang K to bring it to ICA on the same day.  

*Note: If we are born in Singapore but not yet Singaporean at that point of time, we only get back the Yellow Borang K, we won't be getting back our Malaysia birth certificate . 



Bringing of Approved Borang K to ICA


Go to 6th floor , turn on your right side and press collection of documents for queue number. Your counters will be from Counter 19 to 23. 

After your number is called, you go forth and show your IC and your original Approved Borang K and the 1 set of photocopy of it. Within 1 minute, you can go and finished !!!!



Thanks for reading, I hope this helps :D 

20 comments:

  1. Hi Ti-Chan, just wondering how did the Malaysia Embassy informed you the approval via email when there's no email address being filled up on all Malaysia Forms?

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry for the very late reply.

      As mention by DMing's below, we are required to write down our email address in the forms.

      I don't have the picture of the official Borang K form to show.

      Delete
    2. I applied for renunciation in Oct2020. In addition to what others have said, you also give your name,phone number,and email on a separate slip of paper that is provided along with the forms.

      Delete
  2. The official Borang K will required us to write down our email address.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ti-chan, just wondering is this a must to bring down the approved form K to ICA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Syejia, do you have the answer for your question? :D

      Delete
    2. I'm sorry for the very late reply.

      Approved Form K is the official document that we have renounce your Malaysia Citizenship. Unlike MY-RN1 form is just a acknowledgement slip only.

      Delete
  4. Hi Ti-Chan

    Do you have to get the photocopies of SG NRIC, PP and Certificate of Citizenship certified true copy by ICA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle, sorry for the late reply.

      I do photocopy my SG NRIC, Certificate of Citizenship(both sides) . I'm unsure of what you meant of PP.

      Delete
    2. I think PP means passport. And according to the email, yes photocopied passport is required.

      Delete
  5. Hi Ti-Chan and any fellow Singaporeans,

    I was born in Malaysia but immediately came to Singapore after birth and became a Singapore Citizen, while still having Malaysia Citizenship as well. I'm currently 21 years old as well, and need to take the Oath of Renunciation, Allegiance and Loyalty.

    As I moved over to Singapore right after my birth, my parents didn't apply for me a Malaysia IC. Am I able to renounce my citizenship without having a Malaysia IC, or do I still need to register for a Malaysia IC before doing my renunciation?


    (P.S. Please help me out as I'm about to enlist into the Army and it will be difficult to find time to do the renunciation then. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, you do not need a malaysia IC to renounce if you've never had one, since I'm pretty sure you have the sg one now :) I just collected my borang k last week, I've never had a malaysia IC and they did not request for it lol, but I do have a malaysia birth cert, I guess you just need that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there,

      Thank you for your help!

      I just have a few questions to ask you.

      Are you also already a Singapore Citizen as well, and if so, did you tell them that you are a Singapore citizen too when you went to submit your renunciation form?

      Best Regards,
      Nick

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ti-chan,
    May I know what is singapore citizenship certificate, is my pink ID? Or something like a big A4 size document?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Sorry for late reply. Notification not working.
      Mine is A4 size document.

      Delete
  9. Must I submit to the counter my 11b and 2 printed copy of it? I currently serving ns and needed 11b to enter camp. Can I just submit photocopy of it ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry for late reply. I believe show original to counter and provide photocopy is okay.

    My brother original pink ic is with army camp, he have a substituted army card with ic (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  11. (July 2021 Update, Lau Chiau born in Malaysia version) Just collected my signed Borang K and got the Birth Cert back today. Received the collection letter from the High Comm 8 months after first submission of documents for renunciation.

    Here's the gotcha because the collection letter asks for SG pink NRIC and SG citizenship cert (which over 21 and born in Malaysia applicants will not have yet).

    Email ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg and ask for "certified true copies" of the pink NRIC and Singapore Citizenship Certificate, front and back (the back of the citizenship cert is relevant because of the serial number at the bottom, do not skip this).

    ICA is familiar with the process and responds very quickly with a pdf of scans. The High Comm accepts your printouts.

    As for onward transmission of the Borang K to ICA, the ICA counter lady who handled my paperwork 8 months ago said I could email the Borang K to them when ready so I will do that. YMMV.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ti chan, may know what is borang w no in the My-Rn-1 form to be filled up?
    If fill up the birth cert no. already, do I just skip borang-W No.?

    ReplyDelete