Tags

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Renounce Malaysia Citizenship (2017-2018) Part 2

Document Collection after Renunciation 


After 3 working days from the document submission to High Commission of Malaysia, I went back to collect my documents.

1. As usual, go to the security guard and exchange for the pass. Inform that you are collecting your renunciation forms.

2. Go to consular section, I just went to left counter and pass them your pink collection slip. They ask you to wait till your name is called.

3. After your name is called, check if the documents are yours.


  1. Your MY-RN1 form that you previously printed, all filled up and submitted 
You will receive your MY-RN1 like this. There will be this pink slip paper staple on it.

Behind your MY-RN1 form, there was a yellow receipt of the SGD $10 that you paid earlier on for the processing fee.  Once the documents are ready, they will inform you to collect. 

After this step, you can go to the photocopy area at High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore to photocopy this ( without the pink slip ) , you will need to hand this to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA), 6th floor to take your oath. 

Things to bring to ICA for oath 

1. Your Oath form behind this ICA letter , (bring this letter together too ) 


2. Your Identity Card (IC) 
-> bring 2 photocopies of your IC just in case 

3. Your Original Citizenship Certificate No: S _ _ _ _ _ _ _ X 
-> bring 2 photocopies of your citizenship certificate just in case

4. Documentary evidence to prove that you have renounced your Malaysian Citizenship (orignal and photocopy)  -> Bring the MY-RN1 that you just collected and photocopied to ICA level 6 , you can take your oath. Oath taking must be taken within 1 year after attaining the age of 22 years !!!.


After Oath taking, the officer will let you know the date when is the date of submission of the documents that you have renounced your Malaysian Citizenship. 

If nearing 1-2 weeks before the deadline that the officer gave you, you still have not received any news from High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore about collecting your approved form Borang K, you can email them at ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg . I keep on email to ask them to extend the deadline since I have not received any news from the High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore.

If really near 1-2  of the date you first submit your documents to High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore and you still don't have any news from the High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore, you can email ICA saying that the officer of High Commission of Malaysia said that this process normally takes 1 year of the date you first submit your documents to High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore. 

*Note: the MY-RN1 form is just a acknowledge slip to support your renunciation of your Malaysian Citizenship. 


23 comments:

  1. Hi there... I googled and i saw your page. Which is very informative.

    I like to ask you... I already collected my SG Passport, Pink IC, citizen cert, but I have not heard from Msia High Comm yet to go back to collect my birth cert.

    My submission to renounce my Msia citizenship was done in end Oct 2018. Now is already 7 mths passed, what is my next thing? To wait for Msia High Comm SG to email me to collect my birth cert?

    Again thks if you can help me out. Thks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Viwen,

      By right they will email you. I got my Singapore IC May last year and I just got the email from Malaysian embassy to collect birth cert this year April. That took me 9 months...

      Cheers,
      Seinchyi

      Delete
    2. Hi Seinchyi, Thks for your reply. Yes I got an answer from Msia High comm, its still pending. Looks like it will take near to 1 year to get back my birth cert as per what the replied i got. Well as long as is still in progress then it's all good.

      Delete
    3. Hi ViWen,

      May i ask you, how did you contact Msia High Comm regarding this? Did you call or email them? Sometimes it's quite hard to get their response.
      Thanks,

      Ning

      Delete
    4. Hi Ning,

      I email them. consular@mhc.org.sg

      I got my birth cert back already. Like what their email reply stated, it takes 6-12 mths after submission. My case it took 9 mths to get back my birth cert back.

      In the email it stated you need these to bring along:


      i. Singapore Identity Card or 11B Card (to photocopy front and back of document); the temporary slip will not be accepted;

      ii. Singapore Passport (bio-data page only);

      iii. Singapore Citizenship Certificate (to photocopy front and back of document);

      iv. Deed Poll/Baptism (if name has been changed), if applicable

      v. Acknowledgement Slip (MY-RN1 Form)

      Delete
  2. Hello. I also googled and saw your page from Australia.

    I wanted to ask you did you get anything else apart from the completed Borang K? That was the only thing I got back.

    What's the MY-RN1 form? I didn't have that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MY-RN1 I think is to be surrendered back to them once u get back your birth cert.

      Delete
  3. In the step of "Document Collection after Renunciation", may I know how long did u spend at the High Commission of Malaysia? Just collect the renunciation forms and go, or is there a long queue / long process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I don't want to apply for leave, wondering if it can be finished in 30 mins, then I can take it as my lunch break

      Delete
    2. If not wrong it's after 2.30pm and it took me 1 hr to get back my birth certificate

      Delete
  4. Hello. I have received an email that I'm able to collect the Borang K form, but the problem is I do not have the Singapore citizenship certificate and my Singapore IC yet due to covid-19? ICA refused to pick up calls at all and they only accept appointment based.

    What's my next action?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chk how long they will keep the boring K? and if need to, ask Msia High Comm to extend the collection window period?

      Delete
    2. Maybe too late for Nicholas5538 but for anyone else, email your specific queries to ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg
      Citizen Services Centre (Citizenship Unit)

      Delete
  5. Hi, may i know what is the Malaysian Citizenship Certificate? I dont think i have that. I only have Malaysian IC, birth cert and passport. Do you fill in that column in borang MY-RN1?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AFAIK citizenship certificate is for old people born before independence. You won't have one if you were born after the formation of Malaysia, ie any time in the last 50+ years. Mark NIL in the form.

      Delete
    2. I see. Thanks a lot. How about Msia KWSP (EPF)? do you know the process of withdrawl?

      Delete
    3. Sorry. I don't know anything about EPF as I don't have an account with them. Good luck with the withdrawal.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, sorry for the late comment, I am currently 21 years old and I am needed to take the oath for Singapore citizenship,however,the earliest slot the Malaysia side has given me is April this year and I am to be finished by June. Is it possible to extend the dateline given by ica in this case?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Anonymous, re ICA dateline - Dont worry. Email ICA_Citizenship_Unit@ica.gov.sg and ask for an extension. For best results summarize your Q in the title. The people at both the ICA and High Comm are helpful and fully understand the intricacies during Covid times because they deal the same thing over and over daily. Btw over at the High Comm, 99% of what you do there is with the handsome Malay guy. He is your best friend. The paperwork procedure is structured, some people get on his wrong side by wandering in and helping themselves to the forms. You can't do it without his 1-on-1 tutorial and practice forms. He has to explain the same thing over and over to 100s of first timers yet is very patient with the same stupid questions. The staff are Singaporean, so they are efficient. The slowdown is in Putrajaya (8 months to get final confirmation. From the datestamp - it took 4 months for the letter to sleepwalk between KL and SG).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi so the document needed for the oath just takes 3 days right according to Malaysia high commission,it’s the final process that takes 8-12 months which is after the oath right?

      Delete
  9. Yes thats right. Go back a few days later in the afternoon to collect the acknowledgement slip to show to ICA (it's the bottom part of the form). Submissions at the Hi Comm are in the morning (crowded). Collection is in the afternoon (not crowded so its very fast). Btw, you might want to check Pt1 and Pt3 of this blog topic to see my other posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. When you go to the Hi Comm, do not join the long line of passport applicants snaking into the visible entrance. Cut across the open space to the right side of the building. The Consular Section is a small room behind what looks like 3 hawker pushcart outdoor decorations. The entrance is hidden by pillars. The guy with the forms is usually sitting in line with the door. Do not to go the counter. No need to take a number.

    ReplyDelete